Pages

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Introduction

My name is Mike. I am currently a technical consultant/network engineer for an MSP and Service Provider in Central Iowa. I have been working in this industry for about 3 years and I am currently the lead network engineer working primarily with Cisco routers, switches, and firewalls. Due to the nature of the business however, I do find myself working with a vast range of vendors, including HP, Juniper, Dell (formerly Force10 and PowerConnect), Fortinet, Foundry, Nortel, and so on. I also work quite a bit with storage and virtualization.

The purpose of this blog is two-fold. The first is to keep a personal repository of different issues I have come upon and new technologies I learn and implement. The second purpose is the offer yet another location where fellow networkers coming up in the business can hopefully benefit from some of the topics I post about. I realize there are already more blogs than I can count, but I'm hoping to offer my own perspective and I will hopefully be beneficial to some people.

If anyone has any questions about any blog posts or anything else, feel free to reach out to be at blog@networknerdmike.com or on Twitter @networknerdmike.